Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Well guess what...
Some people think (sometimes) that I'm a little too sheltered.
Daniel: "Man, Jackass was so freaking funny."
Mystery person: "YOU saw JACKASS???!!!"
Daniel: "Huh? Yea why wouldn't I have seen jackass - its hilarious"
Mystery person: "Well it has some like really rauchy parts in it."
Daniel: then "Ok........"

Yes folks, I live oblivious to the world. The only things that come on my TV are ESPN (even when athletes are getting interviews and may have a cuss word bleeped out, I cover my ears), the Discovery channel (except the mating habit segments), Food and Garden Network, and the Evangalism stations (with the crazy preachers). I dont change my radio from KSBJ, and I certainly dont have any other music than Christian music (FYI - i enjoy many different types of music.....other than Christian, but for the most part - i've found that most of the only really TRULY positive and uplifting stuff most often times is stuff that Christian artists sing about)
In all honesty, I really hope that i dont come accross as a Christian that is totally out of touch with the world, or one that appears 'Holier-than-thou'. If i thought i was being like that - either one of my good friends should slap me or i would make an unbelievable effort to get back in touch with this world that i live in.
By no means am i saying that i grew up on the streets of Harlem, or know what "real hip hop" is ...I didnt, and i probably dont.
But what i do feel like when people say things like that is - CRAP - utter crap.
And it sucks because it makes me feel like i cant possibly relate to ANYTHING my friends (even some of my Christian friends) are saying, struggling with, or have gone through; when in actuality - i can relate to some things
Some things I havent experienced - and for that - i'm thankful - i dont really want to have gone through my girlfriend getting pregnant and having the choice regarding abortion, or something of that kind of life experience...
Man - it just frustrates me (which some people love to see) when someone assumes that i dont have a clue whats going on...
eh o well -

Maybe its me...

No comments: