Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I got kinda nostalgic recently when I looked at a facebook page - a friend of mine who is going to be a freshman at A&M. I remember the exact feelings of that first week, of my parents pulling out of my dorm's parking lot, of the thoughts such as "wow, i can stay out as late as i want" or "i can go visit anyone" or "i'm on my own... for real"

and those thoughts just touched my heart. it was such an amazing time - living in the dorms - meeting a few guys there who's weddings i was in, who will be at mine, we'll be friends till we die. Then there was football games... going to the first game and having no clue what to expect. nervous hang outs with cute college chicks, frustration and anxiousness at tough classes. excuses to get involved on campus. cold walks to my classes during the winter months. seeing aggie muster for the first time.

my God, do i miss it.


I remember meeting my roommates, and getting to know them. I remember who dated who and who liked who. Its kinda funny how that stuff sticks.

and honestly, i still view myself as that young kid, 19 years old, no clue what he wants... just now - i make money, i live in Dallas, and all day i work... instead of go to class, ride my bike, watch movies and hang out w/ friends. things change.


and i guess thats the cool part of it.

1 comment: