Wednesday, September 01, 2004

2 Days of classes have come and gone.

I'm tired of mediocrity.

I'll tell you what. You sit in the middle, wallowing in your indecision, figure it out. I'm gonna be myself. I'm no longer going to be timid. Its ridiculous to not at least figure out what makes you go. Find what makes you go and GO.

Now, maybe you don't know what makes you go, but let me tell you this. What makes me go is pretty simple.

Its truth. Truth. Truth.

I know (among others) these things to be true:

-The Lord God of Jacob, the Eternal Sovereign God of Israel is the One True God. He has blessed me over and over with so much that it can't recount it.

Oddly enough, at the moment, I can't think of anything else that I KNOW is Truth. See, thats my point, its this quest.

Its this quest that we are all on, and there are only a few answers to the major questions. Is there a God? Yes, He is the aforementioned God of the Universe, and He lives inside my heart. Its only by His grace that I live, that I have all that I do, that I can smile anytime during the day. I know this too - i know that if I were to control what was going on in my life, I would be in deep trouble. Not only would i overcomplicate things and destroy so many valueable things, I would somehow manage to disappoint so many people.

I know this too - I'm here right now. I'm at Texas A&M for a reason. I'm here in Crocker Hall for a reason, and I'm in Texas, etc. So, I'll...

"Go, go where you are, anchor your roots underneath; doubt your doubts and believe your beliefs..."

(Switchfoot's Ode to Chin)


His Grace is sufficient for me.

No comments: