Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Ya know what?

I'm sick and tired of seeing people let themselves down.

Myself included.


It hurts to see us let down our defenses and compromise. Why do we?

Why do we settle for doing things that we don't want to do?

Working downtown for the week has been quite an experience. I mean, i've worked at my dad's office before - but i usually went in with him at like 5 am to play ball. Now, i'm working at his offices without him there, and going in at 7 am. I feel mature sometimes; when i'm sitting in traffic, or walking through the lobby. It would be cool to be out on my own - like for real. But then i sit in an office and work.


from 8 till 5

sure there's your lunch break - wow - but - its just a rat race. A repitition. For some, its great achievment - to have a stead job, earning a living, and enjoying it. For others, its a drag, its boring and they could be doing something else. I'm quite certain that i don't wanna hit the 8/9-5. I mean, wow that sounds gay "i don't wanna do the 9-5, i wanna conquer the world". But i do. I want to do something that i'm going to enjoy. I want to travel (like most everyone else in the freakin world) and i want to make a difference in peoples lives.

My diploma will not matter as much as the people's lives i touch. I would fail out of college if it meant that i would touch more people's lives than if i graduated. thank God thats not the case, but if it was...we know what i'd do.

If you invest too much time into things that don't matter, you are investing wrong. If you are investing alot of time into important areas of your life, you are succeeding in your investment. What you and i shouldn't do is this: spend our time on things that will fail us; things that don't fulfill your hearts desires, or give you a sense of pride and efficacy.

We also shouldn't settle. When we settle, we give up our strenght, and we are weak.

Weak as our vices that aim for our destruction.

That sucks.

My strength fails me sometimes. Honestly: most of the time.

"Because of his strength I will watch for You, For God is my stronghold."
Psalms 59:9

No comments: