Monday, April 05, 2004

2 stories for you

1 - Last week i was riding my bike in the breezeway of the MSC and as i slowed to go around the big grass median, i saw another biker, so realizing that one of us was going to have to stop our paths, i applied my brakes - and then i stopped, but he couldnt stop quickly enough - so he thought he would cut across the grass - but then he realized that its grass on the msc - and it would be not cool to do that , so at the last second he tried to turn his wheel and - off he goes - and his bike goes under him - and i was like - oh my - is that my fault? i stopped and he like couldn't control his bike - but he ate it hard and i didnt know what to say "i'm sorry man, are you ok?" came out of my mouth - "yea i'm fine man, i thought i would just cut across the grass but then i realized i couldn't, so yea..." and i just kinda sat there, remounted my bike and was off


2- Last friday - i left college station about 330 to go to Austin for a Switchfoot (ft. Jealous Sound, Copeland) concert - and it was unbelievable - we got there at about maybe 730 when the doors open for the general admission concert - so we get up there and manage our way to about 5 people deep from the stage and a little towards the right - so maybe 65 percent of the way through the night some guys in front of us bust out signs asking him to play "Might Have Ben Hur" from thier first album "Legend of Chin" (which is amazing). The song is one my personal favorites from that CD and any of thier songs in general. So at the beginning of this song they say "This one goes out out to Charlton Heston" so i said "Yea! Charlton Heston!" and John Foreman says "Charlton Heston! What's your name Charleton Heston man?" "Daniel! " i yell. "Hey daniel" he says. The summer after my freshman year, they came to my church's beach camp and played. They were, needless to say, much less popular, and it was a crazy concert, because like me and miori and only a few other people had ever heard of them. so i say "Do you remember Panama City Beach?" and he says "I do, actually!" and i say "I was there!" and he said "I was there too! Thats great!" so me and my friends are freaking out. "This one goes out to you Panama City guys!" and then he played the song. It was unbelievable.

Today, April 5, they are playing live on TRL.


Wow

No comments: