Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally. A weekend where both of us were home and we had no agenda.

7months have come and gone, and multiple times throughout the past week, we've noticed, jenny and i have, that our love for each other has grown - surprisingly and immensly. Both of us noticed that our expectation when we got married - as to how much we loved each other then - was that it might be at its pinnacle, but obviously it is not.

I think one of the formulas for success, obviously beyond a relationship with the Lord, is the ability to bend. Both of us brining our preferences to living together - habits, etc. could have been disastrously difficult. I think that that is one of the difficulties that young couples encounter - and believe me we've encountered those - but we've been able to bend accordingly.

I get really annoyed at my buddies who tell me how their personal habits of TV watching or eating or post-work whatever-the-task-is hasn't substantially changed.

I think its so easy for people to just insist on their way, on their preferences, instead of looking towards your spouse to prefer theirs. Overwhelmingly I want Jenny to be happy - to be relaxed and comfortable in our surroundings. Whatever that takes, I'm willing to forgo my habitual SportsCenter watchings - but obviously I still get my fix in (b/c she wants me to! - see this cycle!), to keep my focus on my wife and her happiness.

I have sincerely enjoyed seeing us mold our habits together - breakfast and coffee time - devotionals - prayer time - going out for dinner, driving to meet friends, working out. Wow, we're so blessed. Continued gratitude....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DW,
This bring tears of happiness to my eyes. Praying that the Lord continues to bless your sweet marriage.
EG