Sunday, June 19, 2005

I realized this today.

There is a song i heard today that said "she loves me but she doesn't even know me." I am inclined to say that the girl who loves this guy is a complete idiot.

Loving someone involves knowing them and loving them regardless. Do you think you can love someone and not meet them, or not truly truly know who they are. I don't think you can. Then what is your love based off of? Looks? One or two chance meetings? See, if you're going to love someone. I mean love someone - you know them, and love them still - like - knowing their faults and their amazing attributes, and loving all of them. In Good Will Hunting, Dr. McGuire (Robin Williams) is describing to will about his late wife. He tells will that she farted in her sleep. He said that at some points, it would get so bad, it would wake both of them up. He said that those little "eccentricities" and annoyances were what he loved about his wife.

Now, i don't know about you, but I get annoyed easily sometimes, and other times I'm real chill, not letting much bother me. Some things about some people really bother me, and its really hard tough to really get past them ya know? Anyhow, my comment about love leads me to this:

In order for you to expect someone to love you, you have to let them know you. Don't be a complete idiot and close yourself off to someone (alot or a moderate amt - you def. need to protect your heart - UNDOUBTEDLY) and expect them to love you. If they say they love you and you know they don't know you or really really know you the true you, they're ignorant stupid and desparate and maybe a little bit horny. Sorry, I had to throw that in there, some people are that shallow.

So, go figure. Get out of my face with this guy loves me or this girl loves me... when they don't have any clue about you. And get even farther out of my face with this crap of expecting someone to love you and not giving them an opportunity to know you.

These are my thoughts, spurred on by a song.


God loves me. God loves me to the point where He sacraficed Himself for me. He knows me, and sees my innermost thoughts, and knows my innermost feelings. Deep down in me where things exist that I will never breath a word about to my wife or my best of friends. Sins I'm capable of committing that would warrant death so severly. THANKFULLY, I am forgiven for my sins, even for the ones i'll never commit. I wouldn't act on it because my life is transformed into a life guarded by God's Spirit living in me. Of course, I'm capable of doing such things, but I won't act on them because God has changed my life, and continues to mold me.

I'm so undeserving of His grace, what on Earth or in Heaven or in hell have i done to deserve such a gift, such a pardon.

GOD KNOWS MY THOUGHTS AND EVERYTHING ABOUT ME AND LOVES ME STILL.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

HE LOVES ME.

GOD LEGITIMATELY AND DEEPLY LOVES ME.

No comments: