Monday, July 19, 2004

Ok,
 
So i'm in the Newark hotel business desk typing this up - i'm gonna try to make it short but i'll update later
 
i'm going to aruba tomorrow morn before a brief stop in newark/new york city
 
my parents grew up in enyce so i've been there alot - like 4 times in the past year - anyhow - so - we waited in line for a/b an hour to go up the empire state building - and it was kinda fun - i'm with will lanier, my mom dad and steven and his girlfriend kelly, and i notice a guy wearing what appears to be an aggie ring on his hand - i try to take a look at it closer, but i fail - and i assume that it might be but oh well - on the way down - after seeing some amazing sights of enyce at night lit up - wow - guess who i'm in the elevator with - and i decided, once we got off - to ask him about it - and i go - 'excuse me sir, i noticed your ring, what school is that from?' to which he replys with a heart "TEXAS A&M".  My heart skipped a beat - and i said - 'howdy, i'm daniel, class of '07' - it was awesome - and i know some of you might think this was ridiculous and goofy - but i don't expect you to feel a/b it the same way i do - i guess thats why this is my blog and i share my feelings - anyhow - he shakes my hand and says - i'm class of '54 (This is his 50th year reunion - this past Muster was) - so he puts his arm around me and we walk out of the empire state building talking a/b my major and his major (journalism) and - he was just way cool - a cool old guy - a/b 72+ , he was so awesome - so - he said - have a great time here - and i echoed it back - and he left - and then i wanted to ask him so many questions -where does he live - where did he live on campus - he had to have been in the corps - what outfit - was his wife an aggie -
 
anyhow, i leave for aruba in '07 hours
 
 
I'm proud of my school, it is so special, I wish i could share it with EVERY, SINGLE ONE of my blog readers - because it means so much to me - and you reading my blog means alot to me too
 
I'll talk to ya'll soon
 
Daniel

No comments: