Wednesday, April 06, 2011

There is tons of stuff I want to say. I don't know how well other places might do it, but I do know that Watermark's model for community is just right on. I honestly have not met a leader (member-leader, and staff-leader) that has not been able to communicate clearly, to answer questions succinctly and with wisdom, and encourage, edify, and speak with the perfect amount of humility and authority. Where was this earlier in my journey? Was I not prepared to hear good leadership speak? I think that might have been the case in college to an extent - Phillip Bethancourt was (is) one of those godly, stand-up, wise, honest incredible men who wanted to bring students and peers (I was both-ish), up to the next level in their relationship with the Lord. But sheesh. I definitely think it was a combination of me not being ready or wanting to hear it, and there not being a good amount of it within the churches/organizations I was connected with. I see the model that we believe in here at Watermark, and I think "hm, I don't know if I want my family to grow in any other situation". Yes, its that good. No, I'm not being dramatic.

No comments: