Tuesday, May 15, 2007

talk about a surreal moment. as i'm cleaning out my room in Spring of all "old stuff" i have my ipod on shuffle and "closing time" by semisonic plays through. as i'm reading back through some old notes (from people and professors), tossing many things into the garbage can, it was a pretty crazy twist of self-realization. moving on, putting stamp on things, going ONLY forward. learning from the past, but never looking back in anger or regret or sheer joy. the past is the past and its...the past. i'm so excited about this summer, about my feelings for this summer and where i'm going to get to by the end of this summer. the only way i can do so - is through the Lord's provision. my hard work + faith in plans =

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I just had the very same experience Daniel. Mis padres are moving to a new house just a few days after I come down to A&M so I'm doing a double. I starting going through boxes of old papers, drawings, and most interestingly letters. It's always good to let some time pass on old experiences so you can look at them with a fresh perspective. God's movements and presence (or lack thereof sometimes) usually stands out far more from a distance.

Reminiscing is always an interesting experience.

(This is Ryan Wismer by the way)