Friday, August 26, 2005

IF YOU WANT TO READ THIS, READ IT ALL.


I was chillin' at my house tonight, as I predict might be a regular occurance, when my old roommies from the dorm stopped by. It was great to see them, and we decided to go to Taco C.

When we got there - we saw some people we knew and were talking with them and stuff; then in a matter of 3 minutes I had these 2 conversations:

Conversation A - with a guy named Brett who was in a few of my classes.

Dan: "Hey Brett, whats up?"

Brett: "Not much man, I've had way too much to drink, I'm really drunk."

Dan: "Allright, well grabbin' some Taco C now? Its good stuff."

Brett: "Yeah, I had to drink tonight - I had a rough past few days. Two of my friends are getting divorced and one of them is just doing so bad; his wife is doing stuff a married woman shouldn't do, so yeah."

Dan: "Well, man I'm sorry about that..."

conversation A trails off...

not 200 seconds later

Conversation B - with "Jane" - an acquaintence...

Dan: "Hey Jane, whats up?"

Jane: "Not much, woah, sorry, I'm so so drunk."

Dan: "Allright, did you have fun?"

Jane: "Eh, not really, I mean... we just drank"

Dan "Did you go [dancing at] to the Hall?"

Jane: "Nah, me and some people went to Northgate... don't worry I'm not driving."

Dan: "Ok, well if you need a ride or anything, let me know for sure, ok?"



I share these stories not to say anything about myself. I share these stories because it worries me when people drink just for kicks or like get drunk because they have some problems.

I do know this: people deal with their problems so differently. I deal with mine in a certain way, and people deal with their problems in other ways. I respect that. Its so legit to have your own way of dealing with stuff. Its just differences in humans. Thats cool - differences.

I hope you took the time to read this whole entry.

No comments: