Thursday, July 14, 2005

maybe i don't get it


maybe i don't understand people as well as i think

but then again - thinking that makes me think that i do

i'm definitely not bragging that i understand people well - its obvious to me and to others sometimes that i "don't get it" but i'm so confused as to when people are so anxious about something and they let that thing slide - or put it immediately on the back burners for something less important

lets be really clear... i'm guilty - as charged - i do it often - but i'm working on stepping up and doing something that i'll say that i will do - and just gettin' it done. however, its a work in progress, and i'm nowhere close to completing it... but i don't think we ever "get there"

let me explain - in some ways - i don't think we ever get to the places we want to go - for instance - i want to be very well-read - as in i want to read alot of books and be very literate - and in steps - i am getting there - slowly but surely i'm reading more and more - but i don't know that I'll ever get to the point where I will be like - ok - i can pick up this book and read it and then put it down and think about it and read it again or something else...

wow that was a pretty poor example - but you get my drift, right?

erica has a really really great quote in her profile and it says "anyone who says 'i miss you' is just not trying hard enough" and i find that to be so true... but at the same time - i can miss my friend so so much but there is nothing i can do right now to see him - he is in arkansas - i am in DC, neither of us can fly - i don't have any money and have committed to working these next few weeks... i can try as hard as i might but - i just don't have the money or time or opportunities to go see him... see what i'm saying? no? well i guess everything is possible for you, and if it is - then shut the hell up and go do the things you want - don't say you really want something or you REALLY really miss someone unless you mean it - because if you think that everything is do-able - then you should put your freaking money where your mouth is and do it - thats precisely why my dad does not make stupid promises - thats why i'm minimizing my "yea... i promise to do that " 's or my "yea i really really miss " because i want my words to carry weight...

again, lets be clear - i'm not perfect- and i'm totally cool with that - i'm not going to use that as my excuse - but i'm certainly going to work towards doing what i say i will -

maybe thats a little intense...i feel like i scare people or push people away when i'm too intense - and i want to apologize - but i don't think my apologies are always sincere - if i truly have hurt someone or did something bad - i'll apologize for my intensity, but if it is something stupid - (and not just stupid from my eyes, logically and plainly) then why should i apologize for having a passion ... for being intense (my passion is not like "to be intense") ... wow - i wonder if anyone follows this... i wonder if my wife could follow this - i don't know who she is or where she is - but if she can get this - if anyone can get this...wow

congrats on reading this far - this is part of my heart and who i am - and how i feel now

No comments: